OVER THE WEEKEND I DISCOVERED SOMETHING THAT I ALREADY SUSPECTED. THE IRISH RC CHURCH HAS EMBARKED ON A WELL FUNDED CAMPAIGN TO SILENCE ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE INTERNET.
I’m told that Diarmuid Martin does not approve of this action?
Amy and his Episcopal friends like Lugs Monahan of Killaloe feel differently.
The censoring of my blog began some time ago. This is what happened.
- Eamon Martin reported me to the Police Service of Northern Ireland for a comment (not written by me) that appeared on my blog. The police contacted me and asked me to attend at Larne Police Station for a formal, tape recorded interview. Of course I co-operated. The police told me that they would be in touch with me within 14 days to let me know the outcome. After ELEVEN MONTHS they wrote to me to say that there would be no further action.
- On six occasions, always on a Sunday morning – 10 minutes before my Sunday Mass began – an anonymous caller called the police to report that day’s blog. Generally the police apologised for troubling me. There was no further action.
- Various individual and collective entities have lodged dozens of complaints to Google Blogger about individual blogs. A number of blogs have been taken down.
4. Last week I had a notice from Blogger that my blog had been locked and that it may be permanently deleted i9n 89 days. I have appealed but have heard nothing. It is still down
5. I have several anonymous emails and comments to tell me that Catholic individuals and entities have already been in touch with WordPress to take this blog down.
6. I have had general threats against my personal safety and a number of death threats. All reported to the police.
7. At the weekend my Twitter account was locked after several complaints from Gorgeous – Deacon Michael Byrne.
There is a rumour circulating among the Dublin clergy that Gorgeous, who is living in a presbytery, will be ordained in 18 months time?
In any event, it seems that Gorgeous is trying to erase all mention of his various “travails” on social media – maybe with a view to ordination?
8. I have had solicitor’s letters from Paul Prior, Conor Gannon and Eamon Martin.
9. Over the weekend a senior and well known Irish cleric informed me by email that he had knowledge of a well funded plan within the Irish RC Church to silence me on all social media.
The organised Irish media is afraid to carry all the scandals that are going on in the Irish RC church at all levels. They are afraid of the power, influence and money of the RC crowd.
This blog has been one of the few, if not the only place that these matters can be aired in public, commented on, debated and condemned.
We have only heard a small percentage of what is really going on among the clergy and priests.
They do not want me to tell the whole story and for you to read it and know about it.
In more crude times they would have prepared a fatal accident for me. Some of them are still capable of doing that – or of getting or paying someone to do it for them.
In the meantime they are concentrating on attacking the blog and my social media accounts.
They are powerful and wealthy.
I have no power and no wealth.
Its like dealing with the regimes in Russia, China, Iran or Saudi Arabia – although the Romans these days try to be more hidden and subtle about their tyrannies.
I’ll continue to blog and speak out.
If they suppress me on social media I will still speak out – in O’Connell Street in Dublin or at the gates of Maynooth.
I will accept being a voice in the wilderness.
Many better men and woman than me had to live like that.
UPDATE 2 PM
COUNTRIES WHERE BLOG HAS BEEN READ TODAY:
ONE COUNTRY IS NOT IN THE PIC – HONDURAS 1 READER