Is DAVID MARSDEN more to be pitied than laughed at?
That might be the truth if his crazy beliefs were not being taken in by vulnerable Catholics.
He talks about a Christian Anthropology. I think some very experienced anthropologist needs to study a man with a strong Liverpool accent believing in 16th century theology / man made doctrine.
He traces the current crisis back to artificial contraception.
Obviously, Marsden has swallowed the old RC doctrine that sex could only be engaged in by validly married Cathbots using their bits to populate the world with mini Cathbots.
He totally ignores the very valid moral theology that acknowledges that the sexual act expresses the bond of love between two people.
Marsden is denying that the sexual act between two loving and committed men or women expresses love and companionship and in that sense is pleasing to God.
“Wherever there is love, there is God”.
We know from his Maynooth and Oscott days that Marsden has a massive problem with homosexuality.
The problem with sex between seminarians, priests and monks is not the sex part – it’s about the hypocrisy between men publicly professing chastity and celibacy and in private having the sex lives of rabbits on Viagra.
Sexually active gay priests, monks and seminarians accuse this blog of homophobia – which is total nonsense.
I am a publicly professed gay man. I am in a gay partnership for 23 years.
I have been celebrating gay and lesbian blessings for 34 years.
I have and do minister to LGTB persons in all kinds of situations.
I support LGBT charities.
But what I do object to is clerical, religious and seminarian hypocrisy.
Gay men making public promises of chastity and celibacy and yet having secret gay lives in saunas, toilets, truck stops etc.
I wish Marsden would get over his sex obsession and concentrate on all the hypocrisy of all kinds in the RCC.
10 Points to Ponder as 2020 draws to a close …😆😜
- The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
- 2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.
- The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house & their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!
- This morning I saw a neighbour talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came to my house & told my dog…. We had a good laugh.
- Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pyjamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
- Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
- I never thought the comment, “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!
- I need to practice social-distancing ….from the refrigerator.
- I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip out to the bins!
- Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go into a bank with a mask on and ask for money.🤣🤣