Recently I was castigated by certain types, with their own agenda, for asking why Fr Gay Slattery suddenly disappeared from the priesthood 14 years ago.
I was accused of being like a Peruvian scavenger pulling apart the dead body.of a wonderful human being and one of the best priests that ever lived.
So today I have a few questions to ask of my accusers.
1. Was Gay Slattery dismissed for homosexual activity with seminarians when he taught them philosophy in Clonliffe seminary?
2. Gay Slattery was in charge of the 1 st to 3 rd years. Why was he put in charge of new and nervous 17 to 21 year olds? Were they like “lambs to the slaughter”?
3. Was Monsignor John Dolan approached by Clonliffe seminarians and told of their abuse? Did John Dolan act immediately or delay acting.
4. Was Slattery involved in the wider homosexual clerical clique in the Archdiocese of Dublin?
5. Was there a secret canonical trial of Gay Slattety who told him to go voluntarily or be defrocked?
6. Is it true that there was a large number of witnesses at this trial – former seminarians and ordained priests,?
7. Did the new bishop of Cork Fintan Gavin, the then vice chancellor, preside over the trial as the chancellor Monsignor John Dolan had been a teaching colleague of Slattery’s in Clonliffe?
8. In view of the fact that it is practice not to make a priest who presided over the trial of a priest a bishop, because of the potential for scandal, how was Fintan made the bishop of Cork?
9. Was Slattery forbidden by the tribunal to be involved in any form of public ministry or to say Mass in public?
10. Diarmuid Martin was the archbishop of Dublin at the time of the trial. Why did he keep this trial a secret when he has a reputation for making the sexual misbehaviour of priests known to the public? Was Diarmuid Martin compromised in this case as he was a fellow seminarian of Slattery’s in Clonliffe?
11. Why did Gay Slattery get a full, public priests funeral with the current archbishop, Dermot Farrell presiding?
12. Did Dermot Farrell know about Slattery’s trial and departure under a cloud, and if he did why did he preside at a “cover-up’ funeral?
13. Or has the Slattery case and trial been withheld from the new archbishop? And, if so, who decided to withold it from him?
14. Are the victims of Gay Slattery still suffering from depression, anxiety, flashbacks and post traumatic stress? What is the archdiocese doing for these victims?
COVER UP. COVER……………UP.
ARMAGH WASHING LINE.
The item below was spotted on a washing line at a big house adjacent to Armagh Cathedral?
FATHER PAT BUTLER
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Father Pat Butler of Waterford diocese?