FATHER NIALL COLL – RAPHOE – IS THE NEW BISHOP OF OSSORY.
WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 11 AM TODAY IN OSSORY CATHEDRAL, KILKENNY.
Latest attempt by anonymous “enemies” of Dom Andersen.
Sent to this Blog – ANONYMOUSLY – of course:
“I know that everyone here will attack me (if that is the blog admin allows the publication of the comment) and cast aspersions on my intentions, however I have a genuine question: why Fr Benedict left the Orthodox church prior to his ordination? Of course you might well think it was nostalgia for the one true church or even better divine inspiration. However, have you considered that the Orthodox might have kicked him out and if so why? We do not know under which Orthodox jurisdiction he was, but both the Greek and the Russian monasteries on the US are very strict. So what if the bishop found something from them and he is acting on information he cannot disclose“.
Unfortunately, I have never met Dom Andersen and abide by his wishes, expressed to me by email, that I correspond with him through his canonical / other advisors.
I am also fortunate to have a source in Rome who is willing to discuss this matter with me from the official RCC perspective.
Furthermore, I am privy to his Orthodox background and CV.
The above comment to my Blog is absolute mischief making, totally inaccurate and completely untrue.
1. Dom Andersen was never in an Orthodox monastery.
2. He was an Orthodox seminarian.
3. He left Orthodoxy after much discernment and academic study deliberately to be in Communion with Rome. ( a big mistake in my view)
4. On leaving Orthodoxy he was supplied with references attesting to his unquestioned moral probity, his wholly authentic spirituality, his admired intellectual abilities and his sincerity of purpose.
4. Silverstream was the very first monastery that Dom Andersen was a monk of.
5. Since his departure from Orthodoxy, I am told, Dom Andersen has maintained most congenial relations with his former brethren.
6. Dom Anderson was, and remains, the confounder of Silverstream.
7. He was hounded out of Silverstream after he raised concerns with regard to Mark Kirby with the Bishop of Meath.
8. Dom Andersen, I understand, wants to get on with his priestly and personal life and has options open to him.
9. The only thing blocking this is the stubborn determination of a certain Tom Deenihan, not to give Dom Andersen his absolutely deserved letter of good standing.
DOM BENEDICT IS A VICTIM RECEIVING ONGOING ABUSE.
TOM DEENIHAN IS THE ABUSER / PERPETRATOR.
PRIEST AND NUN TRAPPED IN BLIZZARD